The 3rd Banstead was initially opened in 1923 but was relaunched in 1935 under the auspices of Rev Pruce. Since then it has grown to become the largest Scout group in Banstead District.
The group meets at Scout Ridge, opposite Banstead Station in Banstead Road. It’s initial HQ has replaced in the 1990s with a purpose built HQ which incorporates a climbing and abseiling wall as well as provisions for shooting and archery.
The group currently has two Beaver colonies, two cub packs and two Scout groups. It also plays hosts to one of the District’s Explorer units.
The 3rd is a dynamic, family based group with good support from parents. Regular family camps bring the whole group together while each section maintains a strong and adventurous programme.